Other Ministries in this cluster:
Sunday School Ministry
Noon Day Prayer Ministry
Vacation Bible School Ministry
Young Adults Ministry
Titus Women Ministry
Gideon Guys Ministry
Performing Arts Ministry
Summer Camp Program Ministry
Senior Adult Ministry
Ministries and programs are available for youth and children, infant through high school. We serve young people who are members of the White Rock family, as well as providing outreach services to members of the surrounding community.
White Rock is a great place for your children! We provide an environment where children are safe, taught at an age-appropriate level, and encouraged to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Children’s Ministry serves children from birth up through age twelve. Our programs include Sunday School, Children’s Church during the Sunday worship service, monthly movie nights, Angels of the Rock children’s choir, and many other activities. Although you are welcome to keep your children with you, we also provide a nursery that is open during Sunday worship service for all children less than 5 years old.
- Children’s Ministry Monthly Movie Night Friday, September 27 at 6:00 pm. Movie this month is “Pets II” and it will be shown following dinner, which will be served at 6:00 p.m.
Please make sure your children participate in events and activities planned for our children. Click this link to contact Michael and Monica curry if you have questions. Many thanks!
The Children’s Ministry has the awesome responsibility of helping to lay the spiritual foundation for the youngest ones among us. We serve children from birth up through age twelve, providing an environment where children are safe, taught at an age-appropriate level, and encouraged to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We pursue this mission in a number of ways:
- We hold Children’s Church during Sunday worship service.
- We provide a nursery that is open during Sunday worship service for all children less than 5 years old.
- We partner with the Music Ministry to guide the Angels of the Rock Choir.
- We partner with the Recreation Ministry to coordinate outreach activities.
- We host monthly movie nights for children ages 5 and up. They are invited to join us in th Fellowship Hall from 6-8:30 pm for dinner and a great movie. Parents are free to use this time for themselves or join the Couples Ministry for a “Rap Session”
- We oversee Christmas programs, Easter productions, Fall Festivals, and Easter egg hunts.
- We make and send cards to our sick and shut-in.
- We coordinate trips to see the symphony, dance troupes, Hillside drama performances, Broadway shows at DPAC, and Durham Bulls baseball games
- And wherever we go, whatever we do, we always emphasize God’s presence in whatever it is.
- We pride ourselves on being a dynamic ministry, and we constantly ask ourselves what else God would have us to do. When we say that White Rock’s Children’s Ministry is “a place to grow”, we mean it in every sense of the word.
None of this would be possible without a dedicated group of volunteers who understand that everything we do and say has the potential to influence how the children come to understand God, faith, and the Christian walk. It takes a patient spirit and a heart for children, but most importantly, a love for God.
We are blessed to have wonderful people working in our ministry, and we joyfully invite others to join us in our efforts. If you are willing to share your time and energy with us, we welcome you with open arms! Please contact the ministry chairperson to discuss ways that you can serve in this dynamic ministry. Click this link to contact ministry chairpersons Michael and Monica Curry, or call the church office.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: The Children’s Ministry is seeking volunteers to work in the nursery during Sunday services. Contact the ministry chairperson if you would be willing to give a few Sundays a year helping care for the youngest members of our church family.