Other Ministries in this cluster:
Sunday School Ministry
Noon Day Prayer Ministry
Vacation Bible School Ministry
Young Adults Ministry
Titus Women Ministry
Gideon Guys Ministry
Performing Arts Ministry
Summer Camp Program Ministry
Senior Adult Ministry
Couples participate in workshops and other activities that are designed to address topics that deal with communication, spirituality, conflict resolution, finances, parenting, and intimacy. The Ministry plans periodic offsite retreats that enhance couples’ desire and ability to pray together, to fellowship, discuss issues of marriage, relaxation, and having fun together.
Check out our 2023 Love Challenge!! Track how many acts of love you show to your spouse from January 8, 2023 – February 15, 2023. The first five (5) couples that complete at least 10 or more blocks will be eligible for a prize!
MINISTRY GOAL AND PURPOSE:
The theme for the Couples Ministry is Marriages Strengthened by Love based on 1 Peter 4:8, “Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins” (NLT).
Our goal at White Rock Baptist Church is to strengthen marriages, enrich families, and impact the community for Jesus Christ. Couples participate in workshops and other activities designed to address such areas as communication, spirituality, conflict resolution, finances, parenting, and intimacy. The Ministry plans periodic off-site retreats to pray together, fellowship, discuss the issues of marriage, relax, and have fun together.
- Ministry Meeting – Every 2nd Sunday after service in the Tempie Whitted Classroom. All married and engaged couples are welcome!
- Couples Rap Session – Every 4th Friday couples are invited to come out and connect with other couples. Click this link for details about the Rap Session scheduled for this month. During these sessions we will discuss the barriers that prevent effective communication and how to make your relationship a top priority. Please invite your friends. If you’re concerned about childcare, don’t worry – we normally partner with the Children’s Ministry. Bring them to Children’s Movie Night in the Fellowship Hall from 6 – 8:30 PM. Dinner is served.
- Watch this space for other events planned for 2020!
TIPS AND RESOURCES:
Marriage Verse of the Month: “Love is patient, love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (NIV).
- “The Art of Marriage” Live Event. In this facilitated 2-day small group event, couples learned together and encouraged one another to achieve God’s design for their marriages.
- Couples Movie Night – War Room – The couples had a great time viewing War Room. Afterwards we grabbed dinner and talked about the movie. Great time + great fellowship = stronger couples.
- An Evening of Joy – Married and engaged couples enjoyed dinner, jazz and comedy. It was an evening of fellowship, romance, and fun with your special someone. The laughs were provided courtesy of Christian comedian Les Long, self-described “Minister of Laughter.” See the photo gallery for this event at this link.
For information about this ministry, click this link to contact ministry heads Kurt and Valerie Merriweather.