The mission of the White Rock Baptist Church Health Ministry is to educate the church and community so that they can make better choices that will positively affect their health and the health of their loved ones.
HEALTH TIPS: To keep you informed about important health topics, the WRBC Health Ministry sponsors periodic health information sessions via Zoom. A professional presents health tips on important topics. Notices go out from the Church Office and Zoom links provided for church members and others in the community to participate. The following are programs that were sponsored in 2022 and 2023:
- Reducing Stress and Enhancing Mental Health (Dr. Carolyn Moore) (Click HERE to access the video for this presentation)
- Improving our Nutrition (Patrice Carr and Sandra Murphy)
- Exercise for Your Health (Willa Robinson Allen)
- Eating for Good Health and Long Life
- ALZHEIMERS AND DEMENTIA, Prevention and Support
- ASTHMA AND ALLERGIES, How to live better
On line Tai Chi classes are provided weekly for balance, strength and healthy aging. Contact the church office to receive a link to participate.
BLOOD PRESSURE: Do you know your numbers? We mean your blood pressure numbers? Are they too high? We encourage everyone to have your blood pressure checked on a regular basis.
For more information about the Health Ministry, click this link to contact Sister Meredythe Holmes, Chair. Other members of the Health Ministry are Melanie Dantzler, Joyce Page, Anita Holmes, Helen Featherson, Sandra Murphy, Deacon Dr. E.J. Clemons, Deaconess Linda DeBerry, Dr. Carolyn Moore, and Dr. Keith Hersey.